Sunday, January 25, 2015

Arf! Arf!

Arf! Arf!
I had a hard time sleeping Saturday night.I spent the day with Kathy. She had to go to the hospital to get a shot of Neulasta. It is a booster shot patients get 24 hours after chemo. 
The syringe full of good stuff
The drive to the hospital took about 22 minutes. I knew she was already not feeling well and the ride to the hospital and back in my tiny clown car surely did not help. Every bump and swift turn brought a slight grimace from my usually smiley sister. We were smart to pack our travel size barf kit. It's accessories include wet wipes, a towel, and a small bottle of water.  Later in the day there were more things not on a "list." I had to make an extra trip to the drug store  in the evening for some antacid and some Miralax. Chemo doesn't waste any time. 

Throughout the day, friends and relatives were checking in to see how Kathy was doing. One question that kept coming up was ,"Is she barfing?" The answer was "No, she just feels like she has a bad flu and is really tired." Most of the people I know who have recently been treated with chemo only had some mild issues with "the bucket". 

Kathy went to bed pretty early and I stayed up and played on my computer. I went to sleep and woke up about 11:00 pm. My first thought was "Is Kathy OK?  Should I check on her? Why did I wake up? What was that noise?"
I finally fell back asleep and woke up again this time to a sound...was it Kathy? Did she get sick? I listened again....It was the dog Arf! Arf! 
View from the parking garage at the hospital. 




2 comments:

  1. I know there is nothing I can do but I want to give her a "BIG" hug !!! Love you Kathy !!! There is one thing I can do and I do it many times a day, I pray to GOD !!! Kathy, may GOD watch over you and your family !!! I hope they know I love them and I wish I could be with you !!! Love Ya !!! Brother Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you, Mary !!! Being so far away, I really like the update !! I pray to God all the time and I know he listens !!! I've had a lot of surgery's and God put his hands on me and my doctor ! I could have died 3 or 4 times but, God was not ready for me yet !!! I pray the same prayers for you Kathy !!! Kathy, put JESUS in your heart and He will have you in His hands !!! Jessy, Anna and Luke remember God is with your mother !!! We all LOVE her very much and the Lord will do what is best for your mother !!! Please remember you can call me anytime, if you want to talk. Love al of you, Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete